Wednesday 19 March 2008

The Rain and The Flood.. in the bedroom..

Ariq was feeling very energetic yesterday (Tuesday, 18 March 08), so we decided to go out in the afternoon. His father had an upgrade schedule (he works as GPRS staff) the previous night, so, we stayed at home in the morning, while he was catching up with some sleep.

I managed to do some washing and ironing after breakfast. I felt really good when I finished hanging all the washed clothes on the balcony to dry.

When Ahmad woke up, we got ready and then, went with him on his way to work to be dropped off at 1 Utama shopping centre. I wanted to find some things to take home for Aza and Irfan, while Ariq wanted to have a look at toys.

Anyway.. it was bright and sunny when we left. But, having lived in tropical climate almost all my life (and have experienced many rainy seasons..) I should have known better!!

I heard the thunder when we were still at the shopping centre, but I didn't quite imagine how bad it was at home..

We came home later that afternoon to find that all the clothes hanging to dry were wetter than when they were taken out of the washing machine! And worse still, the rain came in to the bedroom from the open window!!.. leaving the mattress all wet to the ground..

So, when bed time comes, Ariq and I were squeezing on one small mattress that was dry. My husband had to continue the upgrade and decided to take the couch when he arrived home at dawn.

What a rain.. what a flood..

No comments:

Orcalion's Bookshop List