Wednesday 17 September 2008

The Long-Awaited Trip to Borneo..

For years.. I have always wondering if I could step my feet on Borneo land and see the native people.. I finally had my chance when I least expect it!

Last May, Ahmad's brother was getting married to a girl from Sabah (Malaysian state in North Borneo). So, I caught up with Ahmad in KL (where he is working for the time being), and we flew together to Sandakan (a little town in Sabah, where the wedding ceremony and procession was going to take place).

Borneo (even after the big fire in late 90's) is still a very green island. The weather is humid but not as hot or polluted as big cities such as Jakarta.

The rivers were really wide that I first thought they were the ocean.. (silly me!)

Unfortunately, the tight schedule of the wedding procession did not allow us to do any leisure trip this time round, but I'd like to think of this as an 'excuse' to make a return trip one day in future to see the rain forest, orangutan reserve and crocodile farm.

I did see some native people during the wedding reception, however I did not really have a chance to actually meet or being introduced to them. I'd also like to think of this as another excuse to go back one day..

Anyway.. here are some photos from the trip.



Being Welcome by The Great Orangutan Statue


The Scenery Behind The Bride's Family House


The Happy Bride and Groom


Waiting for The Bride and Groom Getting Ready for The Reception

No comments:

Orcalion's Bookshop List