Thursday 18 September 2008

Salad Paria

Ingredients:
2 pieces of fresh white paria
2 red chillies
2 cloves of shallots
1 spoonful of small prawns
a little bit of salt

How to Make:
1. Wash paria and slice them really thin. Sprinkle some salt on the sliced paria and repeatedly mash/squeeze the salted paria for about minutes to let the sap out.

2. Throw the extracted sap out and wash the paria with clean water again, while mashing/squeezing them again with hand. Then, rinse the paria with water.

3. Cut the chillies and shallots in thin slices (a bit thicker than the paria slices).

4. Mix paria, shallots, chillies and little prawns together.

5. Salad paria is ready to serve.

Note: I found this dish when I visited Sandakan (Sabah, Malaysia), during my brother in law's wedding. The bride's mother prepared it for us on our arrival and I loved it so much that I asked for the recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Orcalion's Bookshop List