Friday 24 October 2008

Show of Real Life

And he is running to the door saying, "Bye, Mum!"

And I speak loudly, "Have you finished your milk?"

As he shouts back with a cheeky smile, "I can't fit it in my tummy..",

I put a strict face with both arms on my waist

And he walks back, grunting, takes the mug and drink the milk in less than 10 seconds

Once he is gone, I let the big grin inside surface to my face..



And he is playing computer games after school

And I reminded him to take his nap, "Come on! Head on the pillow, please!"

As he crawles into bed and protests, "I'm not tired, I'm not sleepy.. I still want to play!"

I point at the pillow with a determined face, "If you are not asleep in 15 minutes, you will not be playing games for 2 days!"

And as soon as his head hits the pillow, his eyes are closed

Once he is fast asleep I exhale and smile..



And he is screaming loud, "I WANT MILK! I WANT MILK! I WANT MILK!"

And I look at him without a word.

As he stops screaming, he gives me a cheeky smile, "Can I have some milk please, Mum? I thought you didn't hear me."

I exhale, "Next time, try to speak nicely first!"

And as soon as he finishes the milk he looks at me with a big smile, "Can I play again now?"

Once he is out of my sight, I let out the laugh I've been holding..



Fuuuhhhhh... There must be an actress inside every mother

And every day is an episode of a TV series..



-24 October 2008




No comments:

Orcalion's Bookshop List